This simple and delicate colorwork sock was inspired by the dramatic cold and grey winter storms that pass over the mountains outside the windows of our home. If you’re new to colorwork, it’s a great beginner pattern. The larger of the two sock sizes might be a good start for those who tend to knit their colorwork tightly. I’ve included some of my favorite resources for those new to stranded knitting, but they're also a great simple sock recipe you can return to over and over.
- Pattern Size: 1 (2), with 5 different length options.
- Recommended ease: Approx. 0.5–1” / 1.5–2.5 cm of negative ease.
- Gauge: 30 sts x 42rows = 4”
- Knit with fingering weight yarn on US Size 0 / 2mm Chiaogoo 9" circular needles
- Great project for using those single skeins and yarn scraps:
- 287 (348) yds / 262 (318) m – 66 (80) g of MC and 35 (39) yds / 32 (36) m – 8 (9) g of CC in fingering weight yarn., and makes a perfect last minute gift!
A link to a PDF of this pattern will automatically be emailed to you upon purchasing.